Pixel Army is seeking a Senior PHP Website Developer for our design studio based in Edmonton, AB to create exceptional websites for our clients. We work with businesses of all sizes representing a wide range of industries. Every day is a new challenge - a new opportunity to find unique solutions for unique requirements. We operate as a small and collaborative team, where every voice is heard and every opinion is welcomed. We aim to foster an inclusive & diverse environment where communication, personal growth and professional development are encouraged.
Our team is primarily working in a hybrid model and do anticipate remaining in this structure for the time being. With that being said, preference will be given to those in the Edmonton area as in-person or hybrid working models evolve.
You will be developing websites within our custom framework alongside a project manager and creative lead to ensure that websites are on-message, compliant with clients’ branding & style guidelines and follow user experience best practices. Our PMs work closely with our clients to arrange the necessary information for you to ensure the project is successful. This means that they will act as a bridge between you and the client to collect, organize and present their current challenges, goals & objectives and content for a new website. It will be your task to transform that knowledge into a digital experience that captivates attention and drives results.
To be successful you will need to have a background in web development with a strong focus on PHP, usability and information architecture, have technical knowledge of design programs, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite, and show strong UX design skills with a keen eye for the details. You will be organized and a great communicator with a talent for working within deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, evolving web technologies, and best practices.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail in visual design.
- Utilize Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator effectively.
- Apply mobile and responsive design best practices.
- Communicate effectively and use criticism as a tool for improvement.
- Leverage web design skills with a focus on usability and information architecture.
- Possess a general understanding of version control software.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Contribute to a unified team and a rapidly growing company.
- Embrace creativity and contribute positively to the team atmosphere.
- Web-savvy with a strong focus on industry developments and trends.
- Proficient in Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Background in web design emphasizing usability and information architecture.
- Familiarity with version control software.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects.
- Team-oriented with a passion for contributing to a growing company.
What We Offer:
Pixel Army’s ambition is to build a productive, supportive, inclusive environment for our team members to learn, grow and challenge themselves on a daily basis. We offer a compensation page that includes a competitive salary ($60,000 - $80,000 /yr), benefits package, vacation & flexible personal time as well as adjustable start & end times to your days. PA embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
How to Apply:
While we appreciate all applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Impress us by presenting your history, portfolio, and skill set in a way that reflects your passion and expertise. We look forward to bringing on passionate new team members for our exciting projects in the works.
Please email your resume and portfolio link to [email protected]