Being a custom design and development studio, Pixel Army deals with a wide range of clients from a number of industries; small and large, private and public, for-profit and not-for-profit. If your comfort zone is developing predictable, templated sites, you should probably look elsewhere. Every day is a new challenge - a new opportunity to find unique solutions to our clients’ unique requirements.
Our industry changes by the minute. This position requires that you’re well versed in a number of evolving web technologies, staying on top of trends in development, security, web standards & best practices, accessibility and user experience. And if you’re creative enough to set those trends yourself, even better.
Finally, as a website developer, your tasks will not be restricted to your job description. We actively engage our team to understand the full scope of client needs, which may entail defining marketing and communications strategy, maintaining client relationships and project management. If you want a career that provides a sense of ownership and responsibility, this is the career for you.
We also believe in a team collaborative environment. Having everyone working and brainstorming together is vital to the success and growth of our company. Therefore, this is not a work from home position. We have Covid-19 policies in place to ensure the safety of all of our employees.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Web-savvy and up-to-date on the latest developments and trends within the industry
- Strong attention to detail in visual design
- Strong knowledge and experience in Adobe XD, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Strong understanding of mobile & responsive design best practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to use criticism as a tool to improve quality
- Background in web design with a strong focus on usability and information architecture
- General understanding of version control software
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Driven to be part of a unified team and a quickly-growing company
We have fun being creative. No party poopers.
Pixel Army is a company that prides itself on professionalism and maintaining above-industry standards. Excellent communication skills and a strong focus on innovation and quality are key. We are looking for our applicants to impress; how you present your history, portfolio and skill set is as important as the content. We have some exciting projects in the works, and are looking forward to bringing on passionate new team members.
Annual Salary: TBD based on experience and skill-set.
* While we appreciate all applications, please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted.